RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: ScrumMaster Training *This* Week

  • Ken Schwaber
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2003
      I'll bring it.
      Ken

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Timothy Byrd [mailto:timbyrd@...]
      Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 10:22 PM
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Re: ScrumMaster Training *This* Week

      Paul replied to Ken:

      > > Thursday evening sounds great. I'll buy a round
      > > of drinks if we can find a down and dirty
      > > Mexican restaurant!
      >
      > This is my home turf, so how down and dirty are you talking
      > about? After all, this is Southern California, and Anaheim
      > has a large Latino community, so I can find you everything
      > from hole-in-the-wall taquerias to yuppie Tex-Mex. Tequila
      > is a given. Since we have more class on Friday, perhaps we
      > shouldn't be too nasty to ourselves. ;-)

      I live about a half hour from the convention center, so I'm not that
      familiar with Mexican restaurants right around there. If it were a
      non-alcoholic evening, there is a Persian restaurant I'm rather fond of,
      though. For Mexican, I usually go to a great hole-in-the-wall near my
      place, or occasionally one of the Americanized sit-down chains so I can get
      my (chips &) salsa fix. For transport, I should be able to take three
      passengers, whatever we decide.

      Paul replied to me (about getting Ken's book in time):

      > Oh, you wanted to *read* it, too? ;-)

      Well, at this point I'm homeless - tenting for termites - until Wednesday,
      so I'll be content with what I can glean from the web and the docs Ken
      sent. Other than that, no more tech reading this week. Except maybe
      finishing McBreen's "Software Craftsmanship" which I'd interrupted to read
      the Rise and Fall of Ed Yourdon (I dearly hope I can avoid the phrase
      "world class software organization" for a bit). And the two Yourdon books
      got interrupted to read Alexander's "Notes".

      Ken, if you happen to bring a spare copy of you book, perhaps I could buy
      it at the training?

      -- Tim