Re: Adopting Scrum

  • KasparLund
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 28, 2007
      Hi Greg

      It sound like Scrum has done good things for your
      project/organization already. Have a more realistic picture of the
      progress is a hugh advantage for management because it increases
      their possibility to react in time.

      In most organizations this means seeing the problems sooner. While
      that can be frustrating to a team it is for most mature managers a
      positive thing

      Don't miss that opportunity to create a positive story around the
      project :)

      >( Oh, they all like the task board; just not the planning, time
      boxing, focus on deliverables, etc...)

      My experience is that the detailed planning is one of the most
      difficult practices for the teams, but that the "return on
      investment" is fast. We have, with success, asked the
      architect/"local champion" to breakdown the work to small tasks (4-16
      hours) that can be finished and test independently - no estimates
      allowed. In the planning meeting we the review, adapt and estimate
      the tasks . This reduces the planning meetings to 2 hours an results
      in a very good common understanding of the goal and the work to be
      done

      cheers kaspar