Lead Engineer / Architect Job

  • Steve Fram
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2007

      Hi –

      I’ve been a practicing CSM and Agile coach for a few years now (and many of you know me).  Now I’m really going live the ‘pig’ role, as I am a founder of a company that will be building an intriguing Internet health portal – and we’ve got to get going fast.  I’m looking for a few (two) engineers, with good agile credentials to join… Please respond to me, and not to the list.  See the job info below, and do feel free to pass along to fellow agilists.

      Thanks!

      Steve Fram

      steve@...

      Lead Engineer / Venture Funded* Health Portal (Agile, Ruby on Rails)

      Join as a member of our founding team and build our version 1.0 health-oriented web portal. Steve Fram, our technical founder, led the technical team at BabyCenter as the company developed from a startup to a large and highly successful business. This is an even larger opportunity.

      As we build our first product, we are looking for a seasoned developer who can work closely with Steve to make key design decisions, supervise more junior developers, and get going coding our 1.0 product.

      The ideal candidate is a leader, who is experienced, independent, and highly technical. S/he will have a proven track record of designing and implementing innovative web-based services and in providing technical leadership.

      We are looking for someone who is...

      • wicked smart, rigorous, an analytical thinker;
      • an adherent to high performance (agile) software development techniques (we'll use scrum);
      • an avid learner -- capable of rapidly learning new languages, frameworks, and design patterns;
      • the person in the organization who makes 'it' happen;
      • a cultural fit: highly ethical, collaborative, hard working, and creative;
      • passionate about delivering a superior product that will help millions of families.

      Specific Job Responsibilities:

      • Work with the VP of Engineering and other early staff to make key architectural decision: software platform, development tools, third party services; we'll probably use Ruby on Rails, but will make the final call jointly with you;
      • Provide functional supervision of junior developers;
      • Code software: Build and launch the 1.0 product!

      Desired Technical Skills:

      • Experienced with multiple web platforms: Java/Swing, PHP, Ruby on Rails, etc.;
      • Good working knowledge of JavaScript (DOM manipulation), CSS, & HTML (hah! we didn't say ' Ajax ');
      • Mastery of OO concepts and practice; meta programming experience is a plus (esp., python, Rails);
      • Experience with best engineering practices: TDD, unit testing, iterative development;
      • Experience with high productivity development environments: Eclipse, NetBeans, ANT, rake, etc.;
      • Facile in a LINUX environment.

      We expect that qualified candidates will have at least seven(7) years of relevant work experience and degree(s) in a scientific areas (Computer Science is preferred).

      We are located in in Palo Alto , California . Benefits include: competitive salary and early-stage equity positions, health/dental coverage, flexible work hours, and a super California Avenue office, just two blocks from the CalTrain station and walking distance from some of the best lunch spots on the Peninsula .

      Principals only.

      * We are funded by Doll Capital Management