Réf. : Re: [scrumdevelopment] SCRUM delivers aga in again ......

  • gery.derbier@solystic.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2003
      In french, the word "compagnon" is :
      - a mate
      - the name given by themselves by people belonging to the same community of
      craftmanship (ancient)

      The latin origin of the word means "sharing the bread with".

      Géry.

      Veuillez répondre à scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com

      Pour :        scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      cc :         (ccc : Gery DERBIER/GTY/POSTAL)
      Objet :        Re: [scrumdevelopment] SCRUM delivers again again ......

      [IMAGE]
      I believe it is a pattern -- of course :-)!

      It's related to one of Christopher Alexander's patterns Communal Eating
      (147)
      Sharing food plays a vital role in almost all human societies to bind
      people together and
      increase the feeling of group membership. Food turns a meeting into an
      event. As Alexander says,
      "The mere act of eating together...is by its very nature a sign of
      friendship....".

      Our brains are hardwired to divide the world up into "us" and "them" and
      those people who are
      like "us" are those with whom we share food.

      Research has shown that we favor ideas that we have heard while
      eating...so handing out
      food is an influence strategy :-)! Let's try chocolate chip cookies
      instead of armaments!!

      Just kidding, maybe....

      Linda

      (See attached file: C.gif)