RE: [scrumdevelopment] Delegation and empowerment versus self-organization

  • Mike Beedle
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 14 12:45 PM
      David J. Anderson wrote:
      > I state all of this as background to where I want to
      > take management of software engineering (in an agile
      > world) - that is, away from central planning and
      > central control and towards less management, less
      > control, less planning and more delegated authority.

      David:

      Good goals. As in agile thinking, and GNU :-), less is more.

      David J. Anderson wrote:
      > I feel that leadership, vision and management will
      > always be necessary.

      I agree, "well-directed stable 100% self-organization all
      the time", while possible to attain, is a lofty goal, almost
      an ideal so to speak.

      In "real life" I would agree, as you said that varied doses
      of leadership, vision and management will always be necessary in
      Scrum or other agile methods, if only to help the team out of
      trouble, or to guide it in the right direction when necessary,

      - Mike