RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Program/Project Office - Roadblocks to Agile

  • David J. Anderson
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 12, 2003
      Ken,

      I couldn't agree more. You articulate this very well.
      Economists assume that we (the people) behave
      rationally. However, rational decisions require an
      objective analysis and fundamental understanding of a
      problem. There can be nothing objective about magic.
      For many software development remains a black art -
      magic. Therefore, rational behavior is (probably)
      impossible.

      David

      [Note the small "r" throughout this post :-)]

      --- Ken Schwaber <ken.schwaber@...> wrote:

      We like to think that capitalism is always a good
      thing and that the market
      separates the wheat from the chaff. I'm not sure that
      this is true in our
      industry. I think that if XP and Scrum ever get
      "marketed" and there is big
      money in them, the jig is up and they will be
      perverted like most good
      ideas. I'm for them remaining ideas, not products.
      Ken

      http://shopping.yahoo.com