Re: Which Lean book to buy?

  • dalnefre
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7, 2007
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Oldfield, Paul \(ASPIRE\)"
      <Paul.Oldfield@...> wrote:
      > > I've read both the Lean Software Development books and I think
      they are
      > > both fantastic.
      >
      > Agreed to all of that. 'Agile Toolkit' is a bit stronger on
      How; 'Concept to
      > Cash' is a bit stronger on Why.

      This is a good description. It depends on your intended
      audience. /Implementing Lean/ is the best book I've read on the
      business motivations for lean/agile methods, so I think it's the
      best recommendation for making the case to management (at all
      levels). /Lean Software Development/ is an excellent book for teams
      that are putting these concepts into practice. Of the two, I prefer
      the /Implementing Lean/ because it addresses an audience that is not
      as well-served by other books on this subject--specifically the
      stakeholders that are funding your agile projects.