SCRUM and TOC

  • Boris Gloger
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2003
      Maybe I am wrong,...

      Ken/Mike mention in SCRUM: "Management must listen not only to
      explicitly stated impediments, but also to the general conversion prior
      and after the Scrum.. Impediments that the team has come to think of as
      'our company's way of doing business' are often discussed then. [...]
      Patterns emerge from conversations, jokes, and ribbings tht lead the
      astute observer to hidden impediments that everyone takes for granted.
      Remove them and make the team more productive." (p. 144)

      If an impediment can be seen as a constrain than they say nothing else
      than the Theory of Constrains.

      If you want to improve the productivity you need to find the
      bottleneck. In "The Goal" Goldratt, said that most of the time "rules"
      are the real bottlenecks, not machines or inventory problems, but the
      rules that where installed sometime ago. And the most effective way of
      increasing productivity is to remove the bottleneck or, if this is not
      possible, work in a way that you support the bottleneck as much as
      possible.

      Maybe we should have a closer look on the Thinking Process of Goldratt
      as a tool for removing impediments. Although I admit that I was never
      able to work out his ...x - trees. (to complicated, at least for me :)

      Just an idea.

      cheers

      Boris