Re: question

  • Lasse Durucz
    Message 1 of 79 , Mar 3, 2007
      <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > I was told by a CSM attendee that it is now official Scrum policy
      > that at the end of the CSM course there is a ceremony where people
      > have to howl like wolves and act like boxers, and that they are told
      > this is sort of the secret Scrum handshake.
      >
      > Comments?
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > Fatalism is born of the fear of failure, for we all believe that we
      carry
      > success in our own hands, and we suspect that our hands are weak. --
      Conrad

      I remember we did this in Norway back in May -05. I thought it was an
      american tradition and I like to be open minded and respect other
      cultures. I must admit that I have not adapted this tradition and
      when I meet Scrum Masters we still use the traditional European
      handshake. I must also admit that I don't speak of pigs and chicken,
      but a lot about people.
    • Ilja Preuss
      Message 79 of 79 , Mar 18, 2007
        Heber Ferraz-Leite schrieb:

        > And ... BTW ... I am european, located in Austria. This is not an American
        > vs. European culture thing, but a "have a sense of humor" vs. "take
        > everything too serious" thing ... In my opinion at least.

        That's certainly a way to explain it. It surely looks like a low effort
        way. Whether it's an effective way to find out what really goes on - and
        perhaps even find an inclusive solution to the mismatch - well, I'm not
        convinced.

        Cheers, Ilja