Re: [scrumdevelopment] The concept of Feature and Use Case

  • Steven Gordon
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2007
      The books and presentations at this site will explain the advantages of user stories over features or use cases:  http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/scrum

      I get the impression that you are working alone to do a detailed task breakdown and precise estimate in hours instead of having the team collaborate on a much less precise estimate.  Do not mistake precision for accuracy - it is just an estimate.  Every hour put into trying to make the estimate more precise will not eliminate any development work, and is one more hour before development of the feature can start.  A rough estimate may not be good enough for a waterfall project, but it is quite sufficient given the ability to guage what the team can do every 2 weeks and adjust the plan accordingly.

      Steve

      On 3/2/07, Nam Dao Xuan Thien <dxtnam@...> wrote:

      Dear ALL,

      Someone can explain the differences about the concept between the features and the use cases?

      The customer has just sent me the Feature Requirement Document, but in fact i have experiences
      in understanding the system requirement based on the use case specification document.

      Now i am doing the estimation and the input is the Feature Requirement Document.

      Thank you and best regards,

      Nam