Re: Best Practices + Estimation Tool

  • ceezone
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2007
      Steve,

      Well, a record helps us remember our mistakes, so as not to repeat
      them, and be wildly optimistic. I don't mean that this should improve
      estimation capability of the whole organisation, only for the current
      team for teh current project. In which case I've seen the benefits of
      there.
      When there are glaring differences in original_estimates.vs.actuals
      we insert a short comment (less than 6 words).

      > BTW, Mike Cohn's latest book, Agile Estimation and Planning (
      > http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/book/1) has much more to say on
      > this topic than User Stories Applied.

      Afraid, I haven't read this. Thanks for the tip.

      cheenie