a clear need for Scrum

  • Mike Cohn
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
      Here's an interesting posting on a job search site:

      The poster is looking for someone to write an Operating System with all the features of Windows but that isn't WIndows. He's willing to pay $1000-$3000 for a programmer to create this new OS for him. Scrum isn't specifically mentioned but it's clearly implied by anyone who wants a team to create a new OS with all of Windows' features for that little. The ad is at:

      Regards,
      Mike Cohn
      Author:
        Agile Estimating and Planning
        User Stories Applied
      www.mountaingoatsoftware.com

    • Andreas Schliep
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007

        > Here's an interesting posting on a job search site:
        >
        > The poster is looking for someone to write an Operating System with
        > all the features of Windows but that isn't WIndows. He's willing to
        > pay $1000-$3000 for a programmer to create this new OS for him. Scrum
        > isn't specifically mentioned but it's clearly implied by anyone who
        > wants a team to create a new OS with all of Windows' features for
        > that little. ...

        Yes. With Scrum, he will fail in a month. So he just has to pay
        $1000-$3000.

        Cheers
        Andreas
      • Jay Mittal
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2007
          LOL ..

          $3000 to develop an operating system. May be this poster is an alien or has run from a mental asylum.

          Here's an interesting posting on a job search site:

          The poster is looking for someone to write an Operating System with all the features of Windows but that isn't WIndows. He's willing to pay $1000-$3000 for a programmer to create this new OS for him. Scrum isn't specifically mentioned but it's clearly implied by anyone who wants a team to create a new OS with all of Windows' features for that little. The ad is at:

          Regards,
          Mike Cohn
          Author:
            Agile Estimating and Planning
            User Stories Applied
          www.mountaingoatsof tware.com

          Bored stiff? Loosen up...
        • dnicolet99
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2007
            Even funnier...a number of people have submitted serious bids on that
            project.

            --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Mike Cohn <mike@...> wrote:

            > Here's an interesting posting on a job search site:
            >
            > The poster is looking for someone to write an Operating System with
            > all the features of Windows but that isn't WIndows. He's willing to
            > pay $1000-$3000 for a programmer to create this new OS for him. Scrum
            > isn't specifically mentioned but it's clearly implied by anyone who
            > wants a team to create a new OS with all of Windows' features for
            > that little. The ad is at:
            >
            > http://www.getacoder.com/projects/operating_system_42879.html
            >
            > Regards,
            > Mike Cohn
            > Author:
            > Agile Estimating and Planning
            > User Stories Applied
            > www.mountaingoatsoftware.com

          • srinivas chillara
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2007
              Hmmm... Maybe there is a free wrapper on Linix, that
              looks and behaves like Windows, and then we can make a
              cool profit, for very little work.

              Ofcourse, this must be intelligent enough to crash
              every now and then with the blue screen of death.

              > Even funnier...a number of people have submitted
              > serious bids on that
              > project.
              >
              > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Mike Cohn
              > <mike@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Here's an interesting posting on a job search
              > site:
              > >
              > > The poster is looking for someone to write an
              > Operating System with
              > > all the features of Windows but that isn't
              > WIndows. He's willing to
              > > pay $1000-$3000 for a programmer to create this
              > new OS for him. Scrum
              > > isn't specifically mentioned but it's clearly
              > implied by anyone who
              > > wants a team to create a new OS with all of
              > Windows' features for
              > > that little. The ad is at:

              http://www.getacoder.com/projects/operating_system_42879.html

              > > Regards,
              > > Mike Cohn
              > > Author:
              > > Agile Estimating and Planning
              > > User Stories Applied
              > > www.mountaingoatsoftware.com

              http://in.answers.yahoo.com/
            • Keith Ray
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007
                "Average bid amount: $313,537.91 Average delivery time: 322 Day"

                that includes several web-app shops saying "we can do this", and...

                "My real name is Dave Gates and I am Bill Gates brother. I propose the
                following: I will steal the latest Vista DVD from my brothers
                briefcase and will then use ResHacker to change the jpegs and gifs
                embedded into the EXE's to say BLUEORB. I can also change the bootup
                sequence and cover this with an image of goatse.cx man with..."

                "Hi. I can do this for you next week, when I plan on taking a break
                from a nonotech based / atomic fission driven search engine .... 100%
                secure will not be a problem either...In fact the OS will be designed
                to leverage jedi mind tricks to kill anyone that even thinks about
                breaking in..."

                "The form won't let me insert a realistic bid. If you are serious
                about the project and know what you are getting into (which I doubt),
                I'm willing to manage your project. Raise $10M-$35M budget divided
                over 5 year schedule and contact me."

                --
                C. Keith Ray
                ----