Re: Virtual scrum board?

  • ianralls01
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 28, 2007
      This looks really good - Thanks Ben.

      Is it just sign up and away you go? or any special setup knowledge
      required?

      Cheers,
      Ian

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Carey, Ben" <ben.carey@...>
      wrote:

      > Take a look at CardMeeting. We have been using it for distributed
      teams
      > with a lot of success.
      >

      > www.cardmeeting.com

    • Carey, Ben
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 28, 2007

        Yes, sign up and away you go.

        As we’ve evolved, we’ve become a little more sophisticated in our use. In our case (many timezones, multiple countries) we’ve sprinkled in our own conventions and formatting practices.

        I also have a few ruby scripts that I run against the Rest API to pull information for our burndown. We follow a specific pattern on the cards for a Wall-Gantt (with estimate and remaining points updated daily). Based on those patterns, I basically pull the xml for the meeting, parse the numbers out, add them up and then update our burndown after every standup.

        If anyone is interested, I can send the script.

        http://www.thesherpaproject.com/2006/12/06/cardmeeting/ shows the general formatting that we use.