Re: [scrumdevelopment] Organizational Structure

  • Mike Sherman
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2003
      Dave,

      How's it going there?  Are they "getting it" or are you having trouble?

      Regards,
      Mike

      Dave Mell <dmell@...> wrote:
      Need some help to answer questions from execs when considering the
      transition from a functionally centric to a project centric
      organizational structure.  I'd like some validation/redirection of my
      thinking on some pretty basic questions.

      1) In a project centric world, for whom does it make sense to take on
      the role of determining raises and fostering individuals career
      development?  Could be Scrum Master, tech lead, or functional mgr but
      it seems like the person closest to the individuals doing the actual
      work makes most sense.

      2) What do functional managers do in the project centric world?  Do
      #1 above, become Scrum Masters, both?

      3) Are there any issues or subtleties you would recommend watching
      out for in this top down transition?

      Thanks,
      Dave

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor