Re: Scrum: Handling the unknown ?

  • Mike Jones
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2003
      <ronjeffries@X...> wrote:
      > On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 3:59:26 AM, neil_e_martin2003
      wrote:

      > It's also possible to limit the amount of support and predict the
      impact on
      > velocity by using dedicated resources.

      After reading all of the responses, it is interesting to hear the
      purpose in the origina post).

      We have multiple teams of varying size - each working on a different
      module to be applied to the same release. When a project ends, a
      few developers go into the "unmanaged" project pool. Everyone else
      heads onto the next project.

      This unmanaged pool is supposed to handle the beta process and any
      overflow support issues (we have a fulltime support org). The
      issues are priortized and the team works on them accordingly (it's
      also how we mentor the support group). Issues that aren't critical
      are put on the backlog.

      The reason for this team is because we found ourselves being overly
      distracted due to the size of our organization. There was too much
      free flow of questions and we had to control that. Therefore all
      questions are triaged through this (small) team.

      -Mike