Re: Balance between writing unit tests and shipping code

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
      <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > It's not about hours. It's about enough.

      Took the words right out of my mouth. You don't introduce new
      functionality, or fix broken functionality, unless there's a test to
      cover the issue you're trying to address.

      If you haven't written that test, you haven't spent enough time on it.

      This assumes you're doing TDD or BDD of course. After 15 months of
      doing it, I can't imagine coding any other way. Coding anything other
      than spike solutions without TDD has become almost unthinkable.

      Andy.
    • Anoshlal Sulgaonkar
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
        We write the acceptance test using a testing tool known as STIQ (Story test IQ). We consider writing tests as a part of coading. We write the tests first and then code to pass the tests. This makes our lives easy.