Re: [scrumdevelopment] Selling scrum and agile to the "others"?

  • Adrian Howard
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
      On 1 Feb 2007, at 05:24, Alan Dayley wrote:
      [snip]
      > What methods or means are successful in getting others to "get it"? I
      > expect it must be, again, a fuzzy thing where no one answer or way is
      > correct. My current first attempts with most of my colleges are
      > unsuccessful except to at least get the work "scrum" into the air.
      [snip]

      Generally I find showing rather than telling to be the most effective
      technique. If I think some practice, say TDD, will help a client I'll
      just start writing tests. Once you have a demonstrable benefit it's
      easier to sell to others, which in turn then makes persuading folk
      that related techniques from the same stable could be a good idea too.

      Cheers,

      Adrian