RE: [scrumdevelopment] Benchmarking Firms/Projects Using Agile/Scrum ?

  • Oldfield, Paul (ASPIRE)
    Message 1 of 73 , Jan 31, 2007
      (responding to Wolfgang)

      > fair call. How can I measure whether I deliver business
      > value efficiently ?

      I'm sure I couldn't improve on any descriptions you'd get from Mike Cohn's
      book "Agile Estimating and Planning" on this topic.

      Paul Oldfield

      Our e-mail domain has now changed from iraspire.com to hmrcaspire.com. Please update your address books.
    • Joseph Little
      Message 73 of 73 , Feb 6, 2007
        Ron,

        A few comments below based on your post...

        > ...and I shall henceforth consider seriously becoming more cryptic
        > in hopes of attaining that lofty goal of having my ideas actually
        > considered prior to their ultimate and summary rejection.

        Hey, don't be such a hang dog. (Unless, as there usually is, more
        going on here than I understand.) Those ideas are generally getting
        accepted. Not as fast as we would like, but faster than we have any
        right to expect, given how we humans work.

        >...in fact I think small steps are
        > an inherent part of Agile. What I am not so all for is the notion of
        > getting people to take some small step and then becoming complacent
        > because, after all, they're better off now.

        Hear, hear! Well said.

        > I hasten to add that as far as I know, no one here has taken the
        > Small Step Toward Complacency position.

        Not explicitly. Who would, phrased like that? But de facto some take
        that position, as you are saying.

        > Awaiting your negotiators, or your seconds, as you may prefer, I
        > remain, yours etc., etc,

        ...collaboration over...negotiation.... Is that echoing in my ears?

        Regards, Joe