Re: [scrumdevelopment] Implementation of Scrum in a Professional Services/Implementation environment

  • Robin Dymond
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2007
      Hi John,

      The short answer is yes, Scrum can be very effective to manage this sort of work.

      It sounds like Scrum could be useful for pulling the team(s) together and also getting a common backlog of implementation and consulting together.

      There is probably some applicability of LEAN to these processes too, since once you've pulled together the work there will be repeatable work, cues, bottlenecks, waiting, and other areas that throughput can be improved.

      Hope this helps,

      cheers,
      Robin Dymond.

      On 1/22/07, John Bosso <jbosso@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      I've just taken over a PMO in a company that develops and implements a
      software tool as a marketing engine. The dev team is already
      sucessfully using Scrum for the ongoing development iterations. The
      Client services team(s) processes and methods for implementing client
      solutions is very fragmented and diverse, and quite frankly needs a
      major overhaul. I'm wondering if anyone out there has experience in
      implementing Scrum into a Professional Services/Implmentation
      environment and could share any thoughts/ideas/templates.

      Thanks

      John Bosso