Re: [scrumdevelopment] Digest Number 406

  • Jeff Sutherland
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26 6:09 AM
      David,

      I discussed this with Brad (see his previous message) and we appear to be doing similar things.

      In the original Japanese Scrums in manufacturing and in the Borland Quattro project (written up by Coplien as the most productive project ever documented) the team self-organizes into areas of expertise. We consistently see that in Scrums.

      We are not doing pair programming except for special cases (maybe we should be) be we do have pairs responsible for major system components. It is essential to avoid being blocked by having one person traveling or on vacation. Also cross training is one of the core values of the Scrum process as originally conceived by Japanese teams.

      Jeff Sutherland

      Message: 4
          Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:10:12 -0700
          From: "David Vydra" <david@...>
      Subject: Ownership in Scrum

      Jeff,
      Do you mean a single developer should own a system component or a should it
      be a small team, so at least there is some extra coverage and perhaps some
      pair programming?

      David Vydra