Firms Using Scrum -- Can you add more info?

  • Joseph Little
    Message 1 of 73 , Jan 24, 2007
      Can you add more info to the following list?  See additional comments below the list.

      This is the list of all the firms we have identified so far as using Scrum currently.  We know there are others.  Can you help us make the list more accurate?

      FirmCityStateCountryHave contact?
      Adelaide BankAustraliaYes
      Adobe SystemsSeattleWAUSAYes
      Advanced Micro DevicesAustinTXUSAYes
      APL
      Ariba
      b+m Informatik AGMelsdorfGermanyYes
      BBC New Media DeptLondonEngland UKYes
      Bank of AmericaLondonEngland UK
      Bank of AmericaCharlotteNC USA
      Bentley Systems
      BMC
      Bose
      CAN
      Capital One FinancialRichmondVA USAYes
      ClearChannel
      Computer Associates - Wiley DivBrisbane CAUSAYes
      Conchango
      Federal Reserve Bank
      FormScapeFleet EnglandUKYes
      French Post Office
      Gestalt
      Google
      HP
      IBM
      IDX
      Infopark AGBerlinGermanyYes
      InterAct Public Safety SystemsAshevilleNC USAYes
      InterBusiness TechnologiesCuritiba/São PauloPR/SPBrasil Yes
      Key BankClevelandOHUSAYes
      Lash GroupCharlotteNC USAYes
      Leapfrog OnlineEvanstonIL USAYes
      Lexis-Nexis
      LMCO
      Löwenfels Partner AGLucerne SwitzerlandYes
      Medtronic Minneapolis MNUSA Yes
      Microsoft
      Mobile Fun LimitedBirminghamEnglandUKYes
      Motorola
      Motorola PolandCracowPolandYes
      Nokia Other countries
      Nokia NETFinlandYes
      OcéVenloNetherlandsYes
      OpenSource ConnectionsCharlottesvilleVAUSAYes
      Outformations, Inc.OaklandCAUSAYes
      Patientkeeper, Inc.NewtonMAUSAYes
      Philips
      Philips Research Miplaza/SESEindhoven The NetherlandsYes
      Primavera
      Qpass/AmdocsViennaAustriaYes
      Qpass/AmdocsSeattle WAUSAYes
      Qpass/AmdocsSeattle WAUSAYes
      QualcommSan DiegoCAUSAYes
      Quantum Leap InnovationsNewarkDE USAYes
      SAIC
      Sammy Studios
      SAP
      Security BenefitYes
      Siemens
      Siemens AustriaAustria
      Siemens Medical
      Siemens Medical SolutionsMalvernPA USAYes
      Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.NashvilleTNUSAYes
      SofttekMonterreyNuevo LeonMexicoYes
      State Farm
      State Street Bank
      Sun
      Symphony Services Corp. (India) Pvt. LtdBangaloreIndiaYes
      SysOpen DigiaHelsinki FinlandYes
      Telegraaf Media Group NVAmsterdam NetherlandsYes
      Trango (Siemens)Toronto CANYes
      TransUnion
      Vanguard GroupCharlotteNC USAYes
      Wildcard Systems
      Xerox
      YahooSunnyvaleCAUSAYes

      Comments:
      * In general the contact (if we have one) has volunteered to be a contact should someone have a research request.  Not necessarily volunteering to /do/ every research request, just willing to discuss the possibility.
      * We particularly would like to have a contact for every firm (even if that person is not willing to discuss research).  For contacts, we only want the name and email address.
      * For new firms, we obviously want Firm Name, City, State, Country and the contact info ideally.

      You are welcome to add this to the Scrum Alliance wiki here: http://scrumalliance.pbwiki.com/Firms%20Using%20Scrum and for the contacts (if you are willing to be public), here:

      Joseph Little
      917-887-1669 (cell)

    • Joseph Little
      Message 73 of 73 , Feb 6 4:41 AM
        Ron,

        A few comments below based on your post...

        > ...and I shall henceforth consider seriously becoming more cryptic
        > in hopes of attaining that lofty goal of having my ideas actually
        > considered prior to their ultimate and summary rejection.

        Hey, don't be such a hang dog. (Unless, as there usually is, more
        going on here than I understand.) Those ideas are generally getting
        accepted. Not as fast as we would like, but faster than we have any
        right to expect, given how we humans work.

        >...in fact I think small steps are
        > an inherent part of Agile. What I am not so all for is the notion of
        > getting people to take some small step and then becoming complacent
        > because, after all, they're better off now.

        Hear, hear! Well said.

        > I hasten to add that as far as I know, no one here has taken the
        > Small Step Toward Complacency position.

        Not explicitly. Who would, phrased like that? But de facto some take
        that position, as you are saying.

        > Awaiting your negotiators, or your seconds, as you may prefer, I
        > remain, yours etc., etc,

        ...collaboration over...negotiation.... Is that echoing in my ears?

        Regards, Joe