Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Anyone have stats on attrition rates after agile adoption?

  • Stan Rifkin
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 4, 2007
      Michele - You might want to look at a related study at
      http://www.pendere.com/publications/Impact%20of%20Org%20Maturity%20on%20Job%20Attitudes.pdf
      It's a PhD dissertation by one my colleagues, Dr. Janet Ply, on the
      effect of process improvement on staff turnover. Many of those in this
      discussion group will likely violently object to looking at process
      improvement and comparing it to the adoption of agile practices. IMHO
      they would be misinformed because there are many parallels, particularly
      the methods used to study the question.

      Enjoy! - Stan
    • bazil_arden
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 10, 2007
        They aren't definitive numbers, but Pete Deemer and Gabrielle
        Benefield's great summary of Scrum at Yahoo! Concludes with a couple
        of stats that indicate happier and therefore lower attrition amongst
        Scrum teams.

        In particular
        "85% of team-members stated that they would continue using Scrum if
        the decision were solely up to them."

        "Team Morale: 52% of respondents reported Scrum is better or much
        better; 9% reported Scrum is worse or much worse; 39% reported Scrum
        is about the same."

        I hope that helps a little.
        Bazil

        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "michele_sliger"