Re: Anyone have stats on attrition rates after agile adoption?

  • michele_sliger
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 3, 2007
      "Mike Bria" <bria526xp@...> wrote:

      > Michele --
      >
      > Can you be a bit more specific?
      >
      > Attrition with respect to what? The scrum team itself? The
      product group (assuming it's bigger than the team)? The company
      altogether?

      Gee, that all sounds good, Mike! I'm not picky - any study that shows
      that the adoption of Scrum (or any agile methodology) leads to less
      turnover in the long run - in any area (team, business, org) - will
      suit me fine.

      I have a personal opinion, based on observation, that upon adoption
      of Scrum turnover initially increases at both the team and the mid-
      and line-management level, but once agile teams have been established
      then turnover in the long run for both team and management is
      reduced. But I've got no hard data to back up my opinion. Just
      anecdotal evidence and hearsay. Thus my quest for a study!

      -Michele
    • bazil_arden
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 10, 2007
        They aren't definitive numbers, but Pete Deemer and Gabrielle
        Benefield's great summary of Scrum at Yahoo! Concludes with a couple
        of stats that indicate happier and therefore lower attrition amongst
        Scrum teams.

        In particular
        "85% of team-members stated that they would continue using Scrum if
        the decision were solely up to them."

        "Team Morale: 52% of respondents reported Scrum is better or much
        better; 9% reported Scrum is worse or much worse; 39% reported Scrum
        is about the same."

        I hope that helps a little.
        Bazil

        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "michele_sliger"