Re: [scrumdevelopment] Anyone have stats on attrition rates after agile adoption?

  • Mike Bria
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 3, 2007
      Michele --

      Can you be a bit more specific?

      Attrition with respect to what?  The scrum team itself?  The product group (assuming it's bigger than the team)? The company altogether?

      Thanks...
      --MB

      On 1/3/07, michele_sliger <michele_sliger@...> wrote:

      Hi all,
      I've looked high and low and can not find any statistical studies done
      on attrition rates of established agile teams. I've found plenty of
      anecdotal evidence, but nothing from a study. Has anyone seen any
      definitive numbers anywhere?

      Thanks!
      Michele

    • bazil_arden
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 10, 2007
        They aren't definitive numbers, but Pete Deemer and Gabrielle
        Benefield's great summary of Scrum at Yahoo! Concludes with a couple
        of stats that indicate happier and therefore lower attrition amongst
        Scrum teams.

        In particular
        "85% of team-members stated that they would continue using Scrum if
        the decision were solely up to them."

        "Team Morale: 52% of respondents reported Scrum is better or much
        better; 9% reported Scrum is worse or much worse; 39% reported Scrum
        is about the same."

        I hope that helps a little.
        Bazil

        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "michele_sliger"