Selling scrum to developers

  • Lisa Z. Morgan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2006

      As a developer and CSM/Practitioner wannabe, I think you should focus on the idea of scrum and daily stand-ups as the physical equivalent of the morning IM to keep everyone in the loop. Many development teams already have daily or at least regular design and review meetings. These are the ones developers dread, as they’d rather do something htan plan it first. But IMs and e-mails are to their liking because they are “quick and dirty” updates. So stress the fact that scrums are strictly time-boxed (unlike most meetings) and are meant to LIMIT the amount of management from outside themselves by enabling them to bring all their “managers” (IE, each other) up to speed in the shortest amount of time away from the keyboard.

      Just my tuppence—your mileage may vary.

      Lisa Z. Morgan

      lisamorgan@...