Re: How Srum manages resource unavailability

  • David Geller
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 20, 2006
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Ashar Khan" <ashar.khan@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I have a simple question regarding how scurm manages the
      unavailability of
      > the resources working in a sprint. If its a planned vacation then I
      believe
      > the sprint should be planned accordingly and move the end date
      ahead. Lets

      This is a very appropriate question for this time of year.
      I wholeheartedly agree with keeping the time the same when some
      resources go missing for some amount of time.

      However, in the case of Thanksgiving I counted ten working days (we do
      two week sprints), skipping over Thanksgiving. I didn't count the
      days off. This kept our rhythm the same: we still had a ten day sprint.

      Next week I'll only have 1 person on the team at work. To not skip
      that week would have meant to, effectively, have a five day sprint.
      So I just skipped over that week and started counting again on the
      third of Jan. Now everything is familiar in terms of the time box.

      David