Re: Réf. : RE: [scrumdevelopment] Digest Number 388

  • Mike Beedle
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2003
      And don't forget Feyerabend -- many important scientific
      discoveries have been made while _breaking_ the
      Scientific Method :-),

      - Mike

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, gery.derbier@s... wrote:

      > The problem is that those who buy software are rather reluctant to
      accept that.

      > Géry.
      >

      > Veuillez répondre à scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > Pour :        scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      > cc :         (ccc : Gery DERBIER/GTY/POSTAL)
      > Objet :        RE: [scrumdevelopment] Digest Number 388
      >

      > [IMAGE]
      > The Scientific Method is fundamentally an exercise in empirical
      > thinking.  Calling it deterministic makes no sense to me.  What we
      > should be trying to do is move the principles behind the Scientific
      > Method into software development:  study, experiment, learn, don't
      jump
      > to conclusions, adapt you thinking to feedback from
      experiments.  What's

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > (Embedded image moved to file: pic10912.pcx)
    • Boris Gloger
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2003
        Yes - but only if you mean the Scientific Method of the respective
        time. Feyerabend did mean that the next "level" can only be reached if
        you break the metaphor of the below level.

        this will happen when the contradictions between the different thesis
        can not be solved within the actual methaphor.

        Boris