Réf. : RE: [scrumdevelopment] Digest Number 388

  • gery.derbier@solystic.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2003
      The problem is that those who buy software are rather reluctant to accept that.

      Géry.

      Veuillez répondre à scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com

      Pour :        scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      cc :         (ccc : Gery DERBIER/GTY/POSTAL)
      Objet :        RE: [scrumdevelopment] Digest Number 388

      [IMAGE]
      The Scientific Method is fundamentally an exercise in empirical
      thinking.  Calling it deterministic makes no sense to me.  What we
      should be trying to do is move the principles behind the Scientific
      Method into software development:  study, experiment, learn, don't jump
      to conclusions, adapt you thinking to feedback from experiments.  What's
      wrong with that?

      Mary Poppendieck
      www.poppendieck.com
      952-934-7998
      Author of Lean Software Development: An Agile Toolkit

         Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:57:53 -0400
        From: "Ken Schwaber" <ken.schwaber@...>
      Subject: Scrum and Process Improvement

      I'm working on an article about why people have so much trouble
      understanding Scrum, even me. I put it up on my website and welcome any
      comments. www.controlchaos.com/scrumhard.pdf.
      Ken Schwber

    • Mike Beedle
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8 12:45 AM
        And don't forget Feyerabend -- many important scientific
        discoveries have been made while _breaking_ the
        Scientific Method :-),

        - Mike

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > (Embedded image moved to file: pic10912.pcx)
      • Boris Gloger
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11 11:41 AM
          Yes - but only if you mean the Scientific Method of the respective
          time. Feyerabend did mean that the next "level" can only be reached if
          you break the metaphor of the below level.

          this will happen when the contradictions between the different thesis
          can not be solved within the actual methaphor.

          Boris