Re: Multiple Customers in Different Localities

  • dnicolet99
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2006
      Unfortunately, this may be a case when you have to take a step back
      from an "ideal" agile structure and depend on a sort of contractual
      arrangement between the stakeholders and the team. When you have more
      than one product owner, you don't have a Product Owner. They will vie
      with one another to have the features each feels is important for
      his/her own area, quite possibly at the expense of the overall benefit
      of the project.

      Would it be practical to have a "customer proxy" role on the project
      (filled by a customer liaison rather than by one of the actual heads
      of operations, since no one of them can act objectively in the best
      interest of the whole organization), and to insulate the development
      team from these ten-odd product owners so they won't cause morale
      problems when they fight over story definitions or story priorities?
      Not a very fun role, but possibly a helpful one.