RE: [scrumdevelopment] XPatScrum, Xbreed

  • Ken Schwaber
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2001
      Thoughtworks and I are implementing xp@Scrum at a customer and just finished
      the first Sprint on a project that has utterly failed twice so far. At the
      Sprint review, they demonstrated functionality of value to the customer. Of
      equal importance, they demonstrated excellent engineering practices (based
      in XP), self-organization (based in Scrum), and excellent business
      involvement, ownership, and dynamic driving of the project to iteratively
      deliver value (Scrum). We were delighted.
      Ken

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 9, 2001
        Ken,
        I'm pleased to hear that.

        Looking forward for more information about xp@Scrum!

        Regards,
        Jonas

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 9, 2001
          > Jonas asks:
          >
          >> Jonas asks:
          >> > Do the XP community see a need for XPatScrum/Xbreed?
          >>
          >> I think they do see the need. But even more important the
          >> clients doing XP do see the need. XBreed in fact wasn't
          >> a thought-driven method. It emerged from the needs to
          >> do enterprise development in an environment where
          >> multiple applications with dependencies existed.
          >>
          >> Basically, it is the natural evolution from managing
          >> one project into managing and coordinating dependencies
          >> among multiple projects. For enterprise style development
          >> is unavoidable.
          >
          >Nice!
          >Is XPatScrum/Xbreed the only successful attempt to scale XP up?

          Jonas:

          As far as I know, XPatScrum and XBreed are the only "agile
          ways" to scale agile development to multiple teams.

          Of course, both of them are strongly based on Scrum,

          - Mike
          http://www.mikebeedle.com