Re: [scrumdevelopment] Project Managements System at HP

  • Julius Gawlas
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
      Max,

      I work for HP - HP is a huge company that does have one mandated methodology that is used by
      everybody. Some teams have recomended/required methodologies other don't. Agile in its various
      incarnations is gaining popularity and there is both grass roots movement and some santioned from
      the top push towards Agile.

      Acording to recent internal HP survey Scrum and XP are most widely used.

      Julius

      --- Max Pendyshchuk <gotischerose@...> wrote:

      > Hello!
      >
      > Does anybody know, which Project Management System is applied at
      > Hewlett-Packerd?
      > Here http://www.gilb.com/community/tiki-page.php?pageName=about-gilb
      > I found, that they use EVO:
      >
      > "...
      > Clients:
      > Hewlett-Packard (USA, UK), ..."
      >
      > But here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_(development) we can
      > found another words:
      >
      > "...Some companies that applied variants of the Scrum approach for
      > their projects are ... Hewlett-Packard ..."
      >
      > So where is truth? Or they use both kind of PMS...
      >
      > In Hewlett-Packard Journal, August 1996, Vol. 47, No. 4, pages 25-38
      > they described EVO process. But for last 10 years they could change
      > their opinion about EVO.
      >
      > It is just interesting question for me :)
      >
      > Thank you for any reply, Max

      Sponsored Link

      Mortgage rates near historic lows:
      $150,000 loan as low as $579/mo. Intro-*Terms
      https://www2.nextag.com/