RE: [scrumdevelopment] Best Practices

  • Ken Schwaber
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 8, 2001
      Jonas,
      I've always loved the idea of a current knowledge base, and even proposed to
      Rational that they do this with RUP, adding on "research and development"
      facilities so someone could learn from it (they didn't like that idea).

      The reality that I've seen is that most learning happens on the job. The
      paired programming in XP is the best way that I've seen to make this happen.
      Then books, conferences, and articles.

      Ken

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9, 2001
        What a shame that they didn't like the idea. I have not much
        experience/knowledge of RUP but what I've understand is that it is too
        comprehensive to use as a whole, hence you have to select the best parts.

        Perhaps it suffice with pair programming. But if all of the team members are
        unexperienced the problem still remains. It might also be hard to get a
        clear answer out of conferences, books and articles because the information
        is very scattered and there will probably be many conflicting statements and
        opinions...

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 9, 2001
          I've only had several teams with over half the members inexperienced. It
          gives you the same feeling as if you were having your home built, and the
          carpenters had books open that they were reading for instructions as they
          framed the house.
          Ken