Re: AW: [scrumdevelopment] product owner briefing scrummaster .... or briefing team?

  • Ramon Davila
    Message 1 of 80 , Nov 3, 2006
      On Friday 03 November 2006 2:45 am, Heber Ferraz-Leite wrote:

      > Now ... There are things which have improved since I have introduced sprint
      > plannings, sprint goals, burndown charts, etc. Mainly the team is better
      > motivated, because they feel it is clear what they have to do, the progress
      > they made is visible, etc. Also the hierarchy _inside_ the team is flat,
      > which has brought a few people out of their "resignation corner" into
      > working together with the other team members.
      >
      > I often feel that our team room is an island inside this project, in which
      > different rules apply than for the rest of the project ... But since we
      > have to talk to everyone else we have to speak their language to the
      > outside.

      Maybe you should consider asking the team for help, and see if another team
      member will like to act as a Scrummaster, so that you can focus on coaching
      the team?
    • kschwaber
      Message 80 of 80 , Oct 30, 2014

        Jeff Sutherland and I are concerned. Many organizations are now trying to scale Scrum to larger projects and to entire organizational units, reaping the benefits they have seen in smaller Scrum initiatives.

        Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of guidance on how to do this. This has given rise to IBM's methodological response to DevOps, and to commercial one-size-fits all methodologies like SAFe and DAD.

        To read more about how we intend to fill this need in a manner consonant with the Agile Manifesto and the principles of Scrum, I refer you to a blog I wrote at Scaling Scrum.