Re: [scrumdevelopment] product owner briefing scrummaster .... or briefing team?

    Message 1 of 80 , Nov 2, 2006
      Hello, Stefan. On Thursday, November 2, 2006, at 12:16:53 PM, you
      wrote:

      > As Ron pointed out it is in the best interest of both the product owner
      > and the team for the PO to be at the planning sessions and
      > demonstrations. Have you thought about how you could "draw" your product
      > owner in? Like asking him to attend the sprint review session,
      > demonstrating the value of your work and your process. It has worked for
      > me - once the PO sees the value they get out of the review they want to
      > close the loop and also attend the planning session.

      Really good way to draw the product owner in: make obvious stupid
      mistakes on his behalf, so that he has to come in to correct you.

      Yes, I'm quite serious.

      I could be wrong. I frequently am.
    • kschwaber
      Message 80 of 80 , Oct 30, 2014

        Jeff Sutherland and I are concerned. Many organizations are now trying to scale Scrum to larger projects and to entire organizational units, reaping the benefits they have seen in smaller Scrum initiatives.

        Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of guidance on how to do this. This has given rise to IBM's methodological response to DevOps, and to commercial one-size-fits all methodologies like SAFe and DAD.

        To read more about how we intend to fill this need in a manner consonant with the Agile Manifesto and the principles of Scrum, I refer you to a blog I wrote at Scaling Scrum.