Re: Who the hell is Ron Miller and WHY is he redefining Agile for MSFT?

  • David J Anderson
    Message 1 of 134 , Oct 31, 2006
      Words fail me! It isn't just the MSF for Agile stuff that is
      complete cack, the whole page is nonsense. Have you read the CMMI
      stuff too?

      All I can say is that this MSDN Library material is not written by
      the MSF team. There was clearly a breakdown in process as normally
      someone from the team would have read, reviewed and approved content
      like that.

      I imagine any fix to this will take a few days, as the whole page
      needs rewritten. Amazingly the page does not reflect the text or
      advice given in the product itself.

      Thanks for finding this.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "scrum@..." <scrum@...>

      > This is getting fixed up so might have changed already.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Graeme

    • dnicolet99
      Message 134 of 134 , Nov 6, 2006
        One of the good/bad things about VSTS is its customizability. Good
        because you can set it up pretty much any way you want. Bad because
        it's a tremendous hassle to customize the thing.

        You can change just about anything - except the way the "work item"
        element is defined, with its built-in concept of ownership. I don't
        know what the best way to handle this is, but my workaround was to
        make "Team" the owner of every work item.

        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Steve Freeman