Re: SCRUM in IT Consulting company

  • darosmauro
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2 1:40 PM
      Hi Steven,
      we mainly do contracts that should be fixed price. In reality,
      estimations come from the budgets and rarely are "fixed".
      With the competition of offshore, we are now gently going in the
      direction of "fixed time and fixed price". The fact of having a
      product and a sprint backlog, and of estimate on a daily basis, is
      in my opinion (and hopes) a great advantage. We have a rigorous
      formalization of requirements, and a clear vision of the timing.
      At least, is what I hope we will get :-)

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Gordon"
      <sgordonphd@...> wrote:

      > What kind of contracts are you doing with your customers (fixed
      price,
      > time and materials, ...)?
      >
      > On 10/2/06, paccala paccala <paccala@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Ciao!
      > > After a great coaching by a certified master and several years
      far from
      > > agile, I am now implementing SCRUM in my company.
      > > The context is challenging because we are an IT consulting
      company with a
      > > team of around 15 developer, doing lot of small projects (1
      project-1 to 3
      > > developers), often interrupted by mainteinance activities. We
      develop mainly
      > > with ASP.NET, and are now using the Cochango process in Team
      System.