SCRUM in IT Consulting company

  • paccala paccala
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
      Ciao!
      After a great coaching by a certified master and several years far from agile, I am now implementing SCRUM in my company.
      The context is challenging because we are an IT consulting company with a team of around 15 developer, doing lot of small projects (1 project-1 to 3 developers), often interrupted by mainteinance activities. We develop mainly with ASP.NET, and are now using the Cochango process in Team System.
      I would like to share my experience, and to know if someone here has had a similar one. If you want more details, I am holding a blog.
      Cheers,

      paccala

      Scarica la nuova versione di Windows Live Messenger! Provalo!
    • Steven Gordon
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
        What kind of contracts are you doing with your customers (fixed price,
        time and materials, ...)?

      • drc@outformations.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
          Yes yes!  I, too, would love to hear the juicy (or gory) details. <grin>

          --David Chilcott
          drc@...
          www.outformations.com
          510.655.7122 Voice

          Keep Breathing.  Tell the Truth.  Be Fearless.  Choose Love.   Embrace the Mystery.

          "Steven Gordon" <sgordonphd@...>
          Sent by: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com

          10/02/2006 10:36 AM

          Please respond to
          scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com

          scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
          cc
          Subject
          Re: [scrumdevelopment] SCRUM in IT Consulting company

          What kind of contracts are you doing with your customers (fixed price,
          time and materials, ...)?

          On 10/2/06, paccala paccala <paccala@...> wrote:

          >  Ciao!
          >  After a great coaching by a certified master and several years far from
          > agile, I am now implementing SCRUM in my company.
          >  The context is challenging because we are an IT consulting company with a
          > team of around 15 developer, doing lot of small projects (1 project-1 to 3
          > developers), often interrupted by mainteinance activities. We develop mainly
          > with ASP.NET, and are now using the Cochango process in Team System.
          >  I would like to share my experience, and to know if someone here has had a
          > similar one. If you want more details, I am holding a blog.
          >  Cheers,
          >
          >  paccala

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             mailto:scrumdevelopment-digest@yahoogroups.com
             mailto:scrumdevelopment-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          !DSPAM:45214e43140255497818611!

        • darosmauro
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
            Hi Steven,
            we mainly do contracts that should be fixed price. In reality,
            estimations come from the budgets and rarely are "fixed".
            With the competition of offshore, we are now gently going in the
            direction of "fixed time and fixed price". The fact of having a
            product and a sprint backlog, and of estimate on a daily basis, is
            in my opinion (and hopes) a great advantage. We have a rigorous
            formalization of requirements, and a clear vision of the timing.
            At least, is what I hope we will get :-)

            --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Gordon"