SCRUM presentation

  • Eran Witkon
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 20, 2006

      I am looking for general SCRUM presentations to introduce SCRUM to my organization. does anyone has something to share?

      Eran Witkon

      VP R & D

      RadView

      Mobile: +972-544600677

    • Mike Cohn
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 20, 2006
        Hi Eran--

        I've got a presentation on my site at www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/presentations that is exactly for this purpose. It's a PowerPoint file. Look halfway down that page and find the "Creative Commons" logo and you can download it. It's meant to be a good 60-120 minute intro to Scrum. It's even available up there in French.

        Regards,
        Mike Cohn
        Author:
          Agile Estimating and Planning
          User Stories Applied

        On Sep 20, 2006, at 11:45 AM, Eran Witkon wrote:

        I am looking for general SCRUM presentations to introduce SCRUM to my organization. does anyone has something to share?

        Eran Witkon

        VP R & D

        RadView

        Mobile: +972-544600677

      • David
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 20, 2006
          Eran Witkon wrote:
          > I am looking for general SCRUM presentations to introduce SCRUM to my
          > organization. does anyone has something to share?

          Mike already offered his, but if you you need one that is in German, let
          me know :)

          -d
        • Eran Witkon
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 20, 2006

            Thanks, this is what I was looking for. do you have a transcript for the PPT? I am wondering whats your input in some of the slides. (mainly slide 12 (Sequential vs. Overlapping Development)

            Thanks

            --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Mike Cohn <mike@...> wrote:

            > Hi Eran--
            >
            > I've got a presentation on my site at www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/
            > presentations that is exactly for this purpose. It's a PowerPoint
            > file. Look halfway down that page and find the "Creative Commons"
            > logo and you can download it. It's meant to be a good 60-120 minute
            > intro to Scrum. It's even available up there in French.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Mike Cohn
            > Author:
            > Agile Estimating and Planning
            > User Stories Applied
            > www.mountaingoatsoftware.com
            >

            > On Sep 20, 2006, at 11:45 AM, Eran Witkon wrote:
            >

            > > I am looking for general SCRUM presentations to introduce SCRUM to
            > > my organization. does anyone has something to share?
            > >

            > > Eran Witkon
            > >
            > > VP R & D
            > >
            > > RadView
            > >
            > > Mobile: +972-544600677

          • Mike Cohn
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 20, 2006
              No, I don't have a transcript or any further notes on the slides. I'll add that to my (very long) to-do list though.
              Slide 12 is drawn from the original 1986 Harvard Business Review paper on Scrum. The top figure shows four blocks, one after the other. This shows a sequential development process. I tell the audience to label those blocks with whatever steps they want, such as Analysis, Design, Code and Test. Rather than developing that way we want to develop with those activities overlapping, as shown on the bottom of that slide. On that slide not every activity overlaps every other activity 100% but they overlap very significantly. That is, coding and testing may not overlap 100%. I'd like to think the last keystroke on the last day of a sprint is related to a test rather than the programmer pressing the Compile button. But I'd like all activities to overlap as much as possible.
              Good luck with your presentation,
              Mike Cohn
              Author:

              On Sep 20, 2006, at 1:47 PM, Eran Witkon wrote:

              Thanks, this is what I was looking for. do you have a transcript for the PPT? I am wondering whats your input in some of the slides. (mainly slide 12 (Sequential vs. Overlapping Development)

              Thanks

              --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Mike Cohn <mike@...> wrote:

              > Hi Eran--
              >
              > I've got a presentation on my site at www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/
              > presentations that is exactly for this purpose. It's a PowerPoint
              > file. Look halfway down that page and find the "Creative Commons"
              > logo and you can download it. It's meant to be a good 60-120 minute
              > intro to Scrum. It's even available up there in French.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Mike Cohn
              > Author:
              > Agile Estimating and Planning
              > User Stories Applied
              > www.mountaingoatsoftware.com
              >

              > On Sep 20, 2006, at 11:45 AM, Eran Witkon wrote:
              >

              > > I am looking for general SCRUM presentations to introduce SCRUM to
              > > my organization. does anyone has so mething to share?
              > >

              > > Eran Witkon
              > >
              > > VP R & D
              > >
              > > RadView
              > >
              > > Mobile: +972-544600677