Re: Certified ScrumMaster Trainer changes

  • Lowell Lindstrom
    Message 1 of 45 , Sep 20, 2006
      >Posted by: "Pete Behrens" pete.behrens@...
      >Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:56 am (PST)
      >

      > With regards to my lofty goals, I do believe that a combined Agile
      > process/discipline with a certification component would increase
      > enterprise agile adoption success and help bring increased agile
      > discipline and integrity to the program.

      Success with the adoption of agile is determined by the people in the
      organization and the culture that holds them together. The suggestion of a
      combined process discipline (IMHO) is a short cut, attempting to bypass the
      activities from which organizational learning about agile will occur. Our
      industry's past is filled with the panacea of the "one" methodology and
      certifications to support it. The results have not been impressive.

      >... it is a bit like sprinting without a vision. We are
      >making progress, but to what goal?

      The vision and goal seem pretty clearly articulated. The vision is that
      software projects are a joy to be a part of (assumes no success = no joy).
      The goal is to improve the use of the practices that achieve that. This is
      worded in different ways, but its inherent in most of the agile discussion.
      The certification program (and others) need to align to that.

      > I have a vision...

      Great stuff. Those visions are what the agile methods have been advocating
      for some time. We don't need to institutionalize anything to continue that.
      We simply need to act in accordance with our values and to inspect and
      adapt. It can be tempting to try to bottle things to make them go faster.
      Organizations go faster by focusing on what they are doing and where they
      are going. We should not weaken that focus by creating an alternative one.

      Lowell
    • Lowell Lindstrom
      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 20, 2006