Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum Certification in the UK

  • PaulOldfield1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
      There's also one in London late Sept; for the full list see

    • keiffster
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "keiffster" <keith@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone point me to a Scrum certification course in the UK, the
        > only ones I keep finding are either US or Norway based.
        >
        > Cheers in advance
        >
        > Keith

        Cheers everyone for the replies, a bit of more detailed searching on
        the news group and some excellent replies found me something in
        Manchester in October ( given I am in Leeds, its the closest ).

        Not the easiest to find tho, does anyone know of a single source for
        Agile training in the UK, or perhaps we need to create one ?
      • Michael Vizdos
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
          Hi all,

          One of the things [anyone] on this list can do is reach out to the independent trainers (yes, I am one) and let them know you are interested.  I know I am available, interested, and able to travel (as other trainers are) IF there is enough interest in a location to confirm a workshop.

          A group in South America pulled this off successfully using this model.

          Hope this helps.

          - mike vizdos
            www.michaelvizdos.com/scrum

          On 9/6/06, keiffster <keith@...> wrote:

          --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "keiffster" <keith@...> wrote:

          > Can anyone point me to a Scrum certification course in the UK, the
          > only ones I keep finding are either US or Norway based.
          >
          > Cheers in advance
          >
          > Keith

          Cheers everyone for the replies, a bit of more detailed searching on
          the news group and some excellent replies found me something in
          Manchester in October ( given I am in Leeds, its the closest ).

          Not the easiest to find tho, does anyone know of a single source for
          Agile training in the UK, or perhaps we need to create one ?

        • Mike Cohn
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
            The ScrumAlliance site is meant to be a single source for all training. If you found a class that isn't listed there please notify the trainer. We're trying to make this simple for anyone looking for classes by having that as one place where all classes are listed.
            Mike Cohn
            Author:
              Agile Estimating and Planning
              User Stories Applied
            www.mountaingoatsoftware.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
              (responding to Keith)

              > Not the easiest to find tho, does anyone know of a single
              > source for Agile training in the UK, or perhaps we need to
              > create one ?

              There is, in theory, a single definitive list of Scrum training
              (though I note Boris hasn't added the Manchester gig to
              this list.)  This includes quite a broad range of Agile topics
              but not everything, and is (AFAIK) restricted to certified
              Scrum trainers.  This list is global, not just UK, but for
              now it's easy enough to spot the UK gigs. (see
              scrumalliance.org, as previously mentioned)

              In case there's enough demand for such a list, maybe one
              or more of the local agile interest groups would be prepared
              to collaborate to compile one.  I know Agile Scotland has
              also occasionally organised training courses when enough
              local interest has been generated.

              Paul Oldfield