Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum Certification in the UK

  • David H
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
      Thomas Stagl wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > http://www.scrumeducation.com/scrumedu/Class/id~117
      >
      > this is actually a course which i am attending.
      >
      > regards, Tom

      Sowas!

      Der Stagl, Tom verirrt sich auf die Scrumdev liste :)

      Wass macht Scrum bei Qpass?

      David

      -d

      PS: Wozu brauchst bitte das Zertifikat , der Kurs ist genau das Gleiche
      was Du bei mir eh schon gelernt hast :P
    • PaulOldfield1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
        There's also one in London late Sept; for the full list see

      • keiffster
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
          --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "keiffster" <keith@...> wrote:

          > Can anyone point me to a Scrum certification course in the UK, the
          > only ones I keep finding are either US or Norway based.
          >
          > Cheers in advance
          >
          > Keith

          Cheers everyone for the replies, a bit of more detailed searching on
          the news group and some excellent replies found me something in
          Manchester in October ( given I am in Leeds, its the closest ).

          Not the easiest to find tho, does anyone know of a single source for
          Agile training in the UK, or perhaps we need to create one ?
        • Michael Vizdos
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
            Hi all,

            One of the things [anyone] on this list can do is reach out to the independent trainers (yes, I am one) and let them know you are interested.  I know I am available, interested, and able to travel (as other trainers are) IF there is enough interest in a location to confirm a workshop.

            A group in South America pulled this off successfully using this model.

            Hope this helps.

            - mike vizdos
              www.michaelvizdos.com/scrum

            On 9/6/06, keiffster <keith@...> wrote:

            --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "keiffster" <keith@...> wrote:

            > Can anyone point me to a Scrum certification course in the UK, the
            > only ones I keep finding are either US or Norway based.
            >
            > Cheers in advance
            >
            > Keith

            Cheers everyone for the replies, a bit of more detailed searching on
            the news group and some excellent replies found me something in
            Manchester in October ( given I am in Leeds, its the closest ).

            Not the easiest to find tho, does anyone know of a single source for
            Agile training in the UK, or perhaps we need to create one ?

          • Mike Cohn
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
              The ScrumAlliance site is meant to be a single source for all training. If you found a class that isn't listed there please notify the trainer. We're trying to make this simple for anyone looking for classes by having that as one place where all classes are listed.
              Mike Cohn
              Author:
                Agile Estimating and Planning
                User Stories Applied
              www.mountaingoatsoftware.com

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
                (responding to Keith)

                > Not the easiest to find tho, does anyone know of a single
                > source for Agile training in the UK, or perhaps we need to
                > create one ?

                There is, in theory, a single definitive list of Scrum training
                (though I note Boris hasn't added the Manchester gig to
                this list.)  This includes quite a broad range of Agile topics
                but not everything, and is (AFAIK) restricted to certified
                Scrum trainers.  This list is global, not just UK, but for
                now it's easy enough to spot the UK gigs. (see
                scrumalliance.org, as previously mentioned)

                In case there's enough demand for such a list, maybe one
                or more of the local agile interest groups would be prepared
                to collaborate to compile one.  I know Agile Scotland has
                also occasionally organised training courses when enough
                local interest has been generated.

                Paul Oldfield