RE: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum Certification in the UK

  • Thomas Stagl
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
      Hi,

      this is actually a course which i am attending.

      regards, Tom

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
        Thomas Stagl wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > http://www.scrumeducation.com/scrumedu/Class/id~117
        >
        > this is actually a course which i am attending.
        >
        > regards, Tom

        Sowas!

        Der Stagl, Tom verirrt sich auf die Scrumdev liste :)

        Wass macht Scrum bei Qpass?

        David

        -d

        PS: Wozu brauchst bitte das Zertifikat , der Kurs ist genau das Gleiche
        was Du bei mir eh schon gelernt hast :P
      • PaulOldfield1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
          There's also one in London late Sept; for the full list see

        • keiffster
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
            --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "keiffster" <keith@...> wrote:

            > Can anyone point me to a Scrum certification course in the UK, the
            > only ones I keep finding are either US or Norway based.
            >
            > Cheers in advance
            >
            > Keith

            Cheers everyone for the replies, a bit of more detailed searching on
            the news group and some excellent replies found me something in
            Manchester in October ( given I am in Leeds, its the closest ).

            Not the easiest to find tho, does anyone know of a single source for
            Agile training in the UK, or perhaps we need to create one ?
          • Michael Vizdos
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
              Hi all,

              One of the things [anyone] on this list can do is reach out to the independent trainers (yes, I am one) and let them know you are interested.  I know I am available, interested, and able to travel (as other trainers are) IF there is enough interest in a location to confirm a workshop.

              A group in South America pulled this off successfully using this model.

              Hope this helps.

              - mike vizdos
                www.michaelvizdos.com/scrum

              On 9/6/06, keiffster <keith@...> wrote:

              --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "keiffster" <keith@...> wrote:

              > Can anyone point me to a Scrum certification course in the UK, the
              > only ones I keep finding are either US or Norway based.
              >
              > Cheers in advance
              >
              > Keith

              Cheers everyone for the replies, a bit of more detailed searching on
              the news group and some excellent replies found me something in
              Manchester in October ( given I am in Leeds, its the closest ).

              Not the easiest to find tho, does anyone know of a single source for
              Agile training in the UK, or perhaps we need to create one ?

            • Mike Cohn
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
                The ScrumAlliance site is meant to be a single source for all training. If you found a class that isn't listed there please notify the trainer. We're trying to make this simple for anyone looking for classes by having that as one place where all classes are listed.
                Mike Cohn
                Author:
                  Agile Estimating and Planning
                  User Stories Applied
                www.mountaingoatsoftware.com

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
                  (responding to Keith)

                  > Not the easiest to find tho, does anyone know of a single
                  > source for Agile training in the UK, or perhaps we need to
                  > create one ?

                  There is, in theory, a single definitive list of Scrum training
                  (though I note Boris hasn't added the Manchester gig to
                  this list.)  This includes quite a broad range of Agile topics
                  but not everything, and is (AFAIK) restricted to certified
                  Scrum trainers.  This list is global, not just UK, but for
                  now it's easy enough to spot the UK gigs. (see
                  scrumalliance.org, as previously mentioned)

                  In case there's enough demand for such a list, maybe one
                  or more of the local agile interest groups would be prepared
                  to collaborate to compile one.  I know Agile Scotland has
                  also occasionally organised training courses when enough
                  local interest has been generated.

                  Paul Oldfield