Scrum Certification in the UK

  • keiffster
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
      Can anyone point me to a Scrum certification course in the UK, the
      only ones I keep finding are either US or Norway based.

      Cheers in advance

      Keith
    • Thomas Stagl
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
        Hi,

        this is actually a course which i am attending.

        regards, Tom

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
          Thomas Stagl wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > http://www.scrumeducation.com/scrumedu/Class/id~117
          >
          > this is actually a course which i am attending.
          >
          > regards, Tom

          Sowas!

          Der Stagl, Tom verirrt sich auf die Scrumdev liste :)

          Wass macht Scrum bei Qpass?

          David

          -d

          PS: Wozu brauchst bitte das Zertifikat , der Kurs ist genau das Gleiche
          was Du bei mir eh schon gelernt hast :P
        • PaulOldfield1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
            There's also one in London late Sept; for the full list see

          • keiffster
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
              --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "keiffster" <keith@...> wrote:

              > Can anyone point me to a Scrum certification course in the UK, the
              > only ones I keep finding are either US or Norway based.
              >
              > Cheers in advance
              >
              > Keith

              Cheers everyone for the replies, a bit of more detailed searching on
              the news group and some excellent replies found me something in
              Manchester in October ( given I am in Leeds, its the closest ).

              Not the easiest to find tho, does anyone know of a single source for
              Agile training in the UK, or perhaps we need to create one ?
            • Michael Vizdos
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
                Hi all,

                One of the things [anyone] on this list can do is reach out to the independent trainers (yes, I am one) and let them know you are interested.  I know I am available, interested, and able to travel (as other trainers are) IF there is enough interest in a location to confirm a workshop.

                A group in South America pulled this off successfully using this model.

                Hope this helps.

                - mike vizdos
                  www.michaelvizdos.com/scrum

                On 9/6/06, keiffster <keith@...> wrote:

                --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "keiffster" <keith@...> wrote:

                > Can anyone point me to a Scrum certification course in the UK, the
                > only ones I keep finding are either US or Norway based.
                >
                > Cheers in advance
                >
                > Keith

                Cheers everyone for the replies, a bit of more detailed searching on
                the news group and some excellent replies found me something in
                Manchester in October ( given I am in Leeds, its the closest ).

                Not the easiest to find tho, does anyone know of a single source for
                Agile training in the UK, or perhaps we need to create one ?

              • Mike Cohn
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
                  The ScrumAlliance site is meant to be a single source for all training. If you found a class that isn't listed there please notify the trainer. We're trying to make this simple for anyone looking for classes by having that as one place where all classes are listed.
                  Mike Cohn
                  Author:
                    Agile Estimating and Planning
                    User Stories Applied
                  www.mountaingoatsoftware.com

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
                    (responding to Keith)

                    > Not the easiest to find tho, does anyone know of a single
                    > source for Agile training in the UK, or perhaps we need to
                    > create one ?

                    There is, in theory, a single definitive list of Scrum training
                    (though I note Boris hasn't added the Manchester gig to
                    this list.)  This includes quite a broad range of Agile topics
                    but not everything, and is (AFAIK) restricted to certified
                    Scrum trainers.  This list is global, not just UK, but for
                    now it's easy enough to spot the UK gigs. (see
                    scrumalliance.org, as previously mentioned)

                    In case there's enough demand for such a list, maybe one
                    or more of the local agile interest groups would be prepared
                    to collaborate to compile one.  I know Agile Scotland has
                    also occasionally organised training courses when enough
                    local interest has been generated.

                    Paul Oldfield