Scrumming in Boston at SD Best Practices

  • Mike Cohn
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2006
      I got a couple of off-list replies that seem to suggest that many of us want to get together and talk about Scrum even though there's no official "Birds Of a Feather" (BOF) this year at the conference.

      Mike Vizdos (Scrum Trainer and member of this group) is running a Scrum roundtable discussion on Tuesday (12 September) at 10:30. I suggest all 3200 members of this list show up at his roundtable and we can discuss Scrum there. (I hope Mike's OK with this and isn't hoping for a small six-person turnout as I haven't run this by him!)

      We can also follow up with some lunch discussions.  I can't think of a predefinable meeting place for lunch so those who can't attend Mike's Scrum Roundtable, please meet us right outside whatever room that's in. Hopefully all of us interested in further Scrum discussions can travel en masse from the Roundtable to get our lunch boxes and find a suitable place.

      I'll see you there.

      Regards,
      Mike Cohn
      Author:
        Agile Estimating and Planning
        User Stories Applied
      www.mountaingoatsoftware.com

    • Michael Vizdos
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2006
        Hi all,

        3200 people would be fine, although the dynamics will be different (smile). Once I know the room number, I will post it so people can meet outside.  Nothing to stop us from having an informal BoF either....

        If anyone if interested in one-on-one meetings, let me know off-line and we can schedule something for Monday or Tuesday next week.

        - mike vizdos
          www.michaelvizdos.com

        On 9/4/06, Mike Cohn <mike@...> wrote:

[...]

        Author:

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 12, 2006
          Just a follow-up to this thread....

          We had a successful showing at the "Real Life Scrum Round Table" this morning in Boston at the Software Development Conference.  About forty people crammed into a standing-room only situation to provide some valuable insights into this process.  Mike Cohn also was able to be the authoritative figure on user stories (thank you!).

          We had a follow-up session after the round table that had anywhere between ten and twenty people sitting on the floor eating lunch and talking about specific issues.

          Thanks to all that attended and participated.

          - mike vizdos
            www.implementingscrum.com

          On 9/4/06, Mike Cohn < mike@...> wrote:

[...]

          Author: