Scrum Alliance Program Update

  • Bryan Zarnett
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2003
      Hi Everyone,

      The Scrum Alliance website is up and running and the first phase of
      our website project has been completed. You can find the site at
      http://www.scrumalliance.org

      Phase 1 of the website is to provide information to the general
      public pertaining the the Alliance program and Scrum itself. This
      includes information on Certification, Certified Scrum Masters, Goals
      of the Alliance, and some getting started information.

      Phase 2 of the website will be expanding upon this section and will
      include several additional features available to Certified Scrum
      Masters.

      If you are a certified Scrum Master you will obtain an e-mail in the
      next day or so concerning the Alliance, your membership, and the
      upcoming features of the site.

      Cheers,
      Bryan
    • Marco Abis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2003
        Keep up the good work Bryan :)

        --
        Marco Abis
        Agility SPI: Software Process Improvement
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2003
          Bryan--
          Awesome site. I love the look and the content.
          A couple of suggestions:
          a) Something Ken and I talked about before was having each Scrum Master's
          name be a link to a page provided by the ScrumMaster. The page could be on
          the ScrumAlliance site so they all look the same and provide similar
          information at first or it could be a link to the ScrumMaster's site. Anyone
          who doesn't want to provide a page just has his or her name listed.
          Additionally, it would seem useful to say where each ScrumMaster is located.
          For example, I'm listed in Chicago but am really nowhere near Chicago. Over
          time I think an alphabetic listing will be more useful than a city-based
          listing.

          b) The Agile Alliance logo should link to that site.

          c) It may be worthwhile having a link to "Scrum Articles" which you can link
          to at http://www.agilealliance.com/articles/searchResults?topic=Scrum

          Other than this looks fantastic. I look forward to getting involved.

          -Mike

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 7, 2003
            On Monday, July 07, 2003, at 11:14AM, Mike Cohn <mike@...> wrote:

            >Awesome site. I love the look and the content.

            Thanks. Marco and Ken helped alot. (Thanks guys)

            >a) Something Ken and I talked about before was having each Scrum Master's
            >name be a link to a page provided by the ScrumMaster. The page could be on
            >the ScrumAlliance site so they all look the same and provide similar
            >information at first or it could be a link to the ScrumMaster's site. Anyone
            >who doesn't want to provide a page just has his or her name listed.
            >Additionally, it would seem useful to say where each ScrumMaster is located.
            >For example, I'm listed in Chicago but am really nowhere near Chicago. Over
            >time I think an alphabetic listing will be more useful than a city-based
            >listing.

            The next phase which will be release in the next week or two will have a tool for Certified Scrum Masters to change their e-mail address, location, etc. Right now its setup by where you took your certification. It should be by City and Country. As well, in this stage you will be able to have your name link to your e-mail address.

            A future phase will have you link to a website or web page, as well as distinguish between levels of Certification.

            Providing Scrum Master pages on the alliance site will be put in the backlog for the website and we will go from there with it. It's a good idea.

            I'm working on a tool which will be more specific for Ken that will help manage some of the general Certified Scrum Master information including what programs they belong to, what programs they are directing, etc.

            >b) The Agile Alliance logo should link to that site.

            Yah. That might be a good idea, eh? ;-)

            >c) It may be worthwhile having a link to "Scrum Articles" which you can link
            >to at http://www.agilealliance.com/articles/searchResults?topic=Scrum

            I have a link for "Articles" which I will include the links to the scrum related search results. This is a good idea!

            >Other than this looks fantastic. I look forward to getting involved.
            Good! You've been enlisted!