Another Process Guru Stumbles

  • berteigconsulting
    Message 1 of 81 , Aug 22, 2006
      I don't often post links to my own articles, but this article called "Does Process Matter? " desperately needed a response!  Here's my response .

      The part that really burns me up about his article is where the author says:

      Now that I have described a way to think about team size and process levels, I can assert that the Agile community at the [Agile 2006] conference is mainly looking at the team-level process, even though many of the thought leaders claim otherwise. As I noted at the beginning, smaller organizations growing into enterprise organizations must change their processes, with the realization that Agile methods may not suffice at the enterprise or project levels.

      My basic response is to simply re-examine the Agile Manifesto and translate it into non-software terms.  It then becomes clear that the same values apply at a "project" and "enterprise" level.  And I know that many of you are working with agile methods at these "higher" levels.

    • William Wake
      Message 81 of 81 , Sep 1 4:56 AM
        On 9/1/06, Neerajkumar (SQA) <neerajku@...> wrote:
        > Usually we have maintenance issues that we take up in between Sprints.

        Do you do several sprints in a row, or do you pause between each
        sprint? (Jeff Sutherland calls it "Type A" Scrum when you do it the
        latter way.)

        Thanks,
        Bill Wake

        --