RE: [scrumdevelopment] Large Scrum project at Booz Allen Hamilton/DOD

  • Mike Beedle
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30 5:32 PM
      Message

      Glen:

      Good questions.

      > (1)     How is scrum going to be used to comply with the DCAA reporting process for contract payment? Earned Value reporting?

      There will be some extensions done to our daily Scrum task-level tracking for DCAA compliance and Earned Value reporting.  Scrum provides for most of the detailed "raw data" from which we will do all the necessary translations but in some cases we will need to keep track of additional data.  For example, translating the traditional time-to-completion tracking in Scrum to work accomplished and value earned, but there will be additional tracking for resource utilization (not traditionally done in Scrum).

      > (2)     How does Scrum interact with the cyber security and IV&V auditing process on DCAA contracts

      Our application will have to be certified as a DITSCAP certified application and it will run in a "cyber-secured" facility by BAH.

      The IV&V auditing process has also been contracted by BAH with some additional help from DOD.  Most of this process will take place by writing acceptance tests and then executing them independently.

      > (3)     What artifacts are used for the client during the progress review process?

      Daily expanded Scrum spreadsheets and reports.

      I hope this is helpful,

      - Mike

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
        Message

        Thanks,

        We have a work authorization that combines the EV components with the weekly ACWP from the projects. With this the team can generate its velocity in EV terms rather than XP terms, thus satisfying the reporting requirements.

        Also were working XP into our CMMi processes. So the next set of questions:

        1. Does the project there have a CMMi requirement? If so have the Scrum processes been used to satisfy the PAs?
        2. If not how does the external processes assessment get done for CDRL delivery compliance if any?
        3.

        Glen B. Alleman

        CH2M HILL

        Rocky Flats Environmental Technology Site

        glen.alleman@...

        glen.alleman@...

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
          On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 11:00:10 AM, Alleman, Glen B. wrote:

          > We have a “work authorization” that combines the EV components with the
          > weekly ACWP from the projects. With this the team can generate its “velocity”
          > in EV terms rather than XP terms, thus satisfying the reporting requirements.

          Glen: why do your messages often have these squares and dollar signs and
          bangs in them?

          First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
          - Gandhi
        • Alleman, Glen B.
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
            Good questions. We're Office XP, WinXP, clean line (OC64 to the net),

            Glen B. Alleman
            CH2M HILL

            |------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            |KnowledgeStorm has over 22,000 B2B technology solutions. The most
            |comprehensive IT buyers' information available. Research, compare,
            decide.
            |E-Commerce | Application Dev | Accounting-Finance | Healthcare |
            Project

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/