Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: The Scrum Alliance

  • Bryan Zarnett
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 27, 2003
      On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 05:45 AM, bannerma wrote:

      > I'm not sure if this "Scrum Alliance" is already in place or just in
      > the planning stage, but I'm interested in participating in this
      > aspect of it.

      The Scrum Alliance concept has evolved from its initial inception while
      maintaining the same goals. Sometime next week the initial website will
      be published and notification will be made to this list. The website
      will be composed of two sections - a general information section and a
      section for certified Scrum Masters which requires a user-name and
      password.

      The new format is based on the Agile Alliance with its "programs".
      Some of the key programs we are putting forward initially are:

      * Education - providing methods of teaching and providing information
      on Scrum in a manner that can be easily understand and properly
      interpreted.

      * Promotion - marketing of Scrum to various levels of business and
      organizations

      * Conference - the formation of the Scrum conference and the associated
      Certified Scrum Master Gathering

      * Open Source - using Scrum for open source development and the
      management of Scrum related open source projects

      * Virtual Scrum - use of Scrum with distributed teams in cross
      continental locations

      Those are just really ruff summaries. Additional programs can be
      created by Certified Scrum Masters and membership to existing programs
      is available to Certified Scrum Masters.

      As mentioned, the Alliance will have two faces:

      1. The public face which provides general information about Scrum and
      the Scrum Certifications
      2. The Certified SM face which provides the latest versions of the
      methodology and programs for the furtherment of Scrum.

      If you take the Certification you are already a member of the Scrum
      Alliance and a user-id and initial password will be generated and
      e-mailed to you.

      Quick summary. Hope it helps. Please feel free to e-mail me with any
      questions or comments.

      Cheers,
      Bryan