Introduction of Steve Bannerman...

  • Steve Bannerman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2003
      All,

      First, as you'll soon find out, I don't know a lot about Scrum. However, I
      have been impressed with what I've read and look forward to learning more.

      At a high level, my understanding is that because software development is a
      non-prescriptive process, it is reasonable to treat the development as a
      "black-box" and to "control" the black-box behavior from the outside
      (http://www.controlchaos.com/, Scrum Library::The Philosophy of Scrum).

      This is consistent with my own experience in the use case and
      object-oriented analysis, design, and implementation spaces (~12 years).
      Recently, I've moved over to the UK to continue pursuit of a doctorate in
      software engineering. As part of my research, I'm working on a
      "middleweight requirements management toolset."

      So, after this introduction, I'm interested in starting a thread (or
      threads) related to managing the backlog, both the "Sprint backlog" and the
      "Daily backlog." I think our toolset is appropriate for this management but
      I anticipate that it will need to be configured for Scrum contexts in order
      to make it easy enough to use so that a substantial benefit can be gained.

      I will start a thread regarding managing the backlog shortly...
      --
      Steve Bannerman
      steve.bannerman@...