Re: [scrumdevelopment] Smart process support (was: Ivar Jacobson on EUP)

  • Tobias Fors
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
      2006/8/1, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...>:

      > Fundamentally, it seems to me, such a tool is based, to some degree,
      > on lack of trust in the people.

      Yes, that's probably true. Anyone selling the tool would deny that of course.

      Another thing to be concerned about might be whether a tool like this
      would result in our results being capped by the tool's capacity,
      rather than by our own capacity. But I guess that's the risk of any
      tool. Maybe it comes down to how easy it is to put the tool down, and
      switch to a more capable one, once you reach its limits. In my
      experience it's not very easy for a development team to say no to
      tools like Jaczone once management has decided to make the investment,
      even if the tool is an obvious impediment. The people who bought the
      tool will use many arguments to defend their decision/honor.

      > I'd like to sit down with Ivar and
      > talk about that ...

      Ivar is probably very busy now, but Cyber Ivar would be glad to try
      and answer any questions you might have.

      /Tobias
    • Ken Schwaber
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006

        I love smart processes